At the risk of sounding like a broken record, where in the world has the time gone?!
March was a busy month for the TGT tribe, even more so than anticipated. Between the two of us, we visited two state parks for some Sunday hikes; threw together a last-minute camping trip with another couple and their four-legged sidekick where we honed our zombie apocalypse survival skills; added two more Virginia craft breweries to the Untappd list; went hunting for Civil War relics in two different counties; visited the Virginia Holocaust Museum; were transported to the streets of Paris via the Italian lyrics of La Traviata; and took my taste buds on a gastronomical preview of our upcoming Europe trip. And somehow we managed to both hold down full-time jobs at the same time! You may call us Superman and Superwoman, if you please.
April already looks booked. We will celebrate Easter this weekend, which always brings a full schedule. Other plans include winery excursions, an Appalachian camping trip, and tailgating at the Nascar race at Richmond International Raceway. And by this time next month, we'll be a week away from our Europe trip! 36 days to go!
2015 Goal Updates:
1. I've been incorporating walks in a nearby park during my lunch breaks, but this is somewhat weather dependent. Because we live out in the country, I'm finding the combination of the commute and the membership costs to be prohibitive to joining an actual gym.
2. No savings this month, but I did put a hurting on my credit card balance instead. On top of that, my Capital One credit card became eligible for Venture One rewards in the middle of February. So now I've started putting all my purchases on the card and paying it off every Friday (plus some) to rack up those miles (1.25 miles per every $1). At this rate, it will take years to accumulate enough miles for airfare, but you have to start somewhere, right?
3. I think it's safe to say I'm no longer addicted to caffeine, although I do still consume it on occasion.
4. Some days are better than others.
5. While I still haven't compiled a bucket list for Virginia, I have started doing items that would be on the list, such as visiting the Holocaust Museum.
How was your March? Are you looking forward to anything in April?